EBENEZER BAPTIST CHURCH
6935 Township Road 234
Logan, Ohio  43138
Phone:  740-385-8411
Email:  ebc@ebc1837.com

www.ebc1837.com
Affiliated with Scioto Valley Baptist Association:  2007

PASTOR:  
Rev. Steve Hubbard

PASTORAL ASSISTANT:
Rev. Tim Coleman

COMPASSION MINISTRY/PASTORAL SUPPORT
Emery Rowdyshell
                   
SERVICES TIMES:
Sunday Worship - 8:15am & 11:00am
Sunday Life Groups- 9:45am
Sunday Evening- Youth 180 - 5:30pm
Sunday Evening - Olympians, Gopher- 5:30pm
Sunday Evening-Christian Life University- 5:30pm
Wednesday- Prayer Time 7:00pm
Wednesday- Bible Study- 7:30pm

MINISTRIES:
Membership:  377
Worship Attendance: 364
Sunday School Average: 225
Vacation Bible School:  272
Anchored in Christ Archery Club
Backpacks of Hope
Choir Ministry
Children's Ministry
Christmas Toy Ministry
Disciples Ministry
Drama Ministry
Fair Ministry
Faith
Hope Center
Healthy Living 101
Jail Ministry
Men's Ministry
Missions
Mom's Night Out
Operation Christmas Child
Prayer Ministry
Secret Sister Ministry
Senior Adult Ministry
Woman Missionary Union
Youth Ministry


 

 

LOCAL INFORMATION:
Location:  Perry County
Population of Township:  727
Community:  3.1 square miles
Average age:  39
Average Income:  $32,100
Ancestry-German, United States
Time To Work:  28 minutes
Nearest Towns:
- Logan- 5 miles
- Sugar Grove 11.5 miles
- Breman 11.5 miles
Employment:
- Education, Health
- Social Services
-  Manufacturing and Trade

 

 

Home Page

County Page

 

HISTORY:
 Ebenezer Baptist Church was organized in 1837with a small group consisting of Henson Marlow, Williams Holmes, John Carfman, Elder Madden and SD Alton.  They met in their log homes with preachers coming occasionally. .  It was in August 1838 that they met to prepare the articles of faith and voted to call the church Ebenezer Baptist Church.  They were affiliated with the Regular Baptist of Jesus Christ.  A log church was built and used until the present church was built in 1867. At the close of the second decade the church had grown to more than 60 members.  The church ordained many men to the ministry and sent several to the mission field.  It in March 1903 that a committee was formed to solicit funds for the purpose of building a belfry and buying the church bell.  This endeavor cost $300.  At the close of the first 100 years the church was meeting for worship and praise twice per month.  At that time the church had a Sunday School and an active youth meeting.  In January 1935 a group of ladies met for the purpose of organizing a women's ministry society.  Five women met to organize the women's group.  Many extensive improvements have been made the church through the years.  It was in 1949 that the improvements included a full basement which provided space for Sunday School rooms.  A force air furnace was also installed to replace the wood burning stoves.  New flooring, carpeting and an electric organ was purchased in the early 1950s.  The fist wedding in the church building was held on September 22, 1957.  An educational wing was built in 1974.  Through out the years the membership have been active in reaching the community by various ministries:  Sunday School, mission projects, youth ministries to name a few.  The church continues to experience growth both spiritually and numerically.  They are in the process of preparing to build a new facility in 2008.  A piece of property adjacent to the present location has been given to the.  Plans are for a 12,000 square foot facility including a sanctuary ,office, classrooms and a multipurpose building.  This church is ready and willing to reach out into their surrounding community. In October 2007 the church affiliated with the Southern Baptist Convention and Scioto Valley Baptist Association.